01 June 2015

Guess who’s back?

So I left, packed my journal and pen, closed my laptop, put them in the bag, ran out the door and shut it so hard that the vibration is still being felt a year after. The funny part of leaving was that I had not even started, I was still unpacking my backpack when fear suddenly gripped me and I ran.
The crazy part about leaving wasn’t even about leaving but the mere truth that I just left without saying a word. No e-goodbyes, No e-hugs, No Arnold-made-popular “I’ll be back”, no hopes for a return, just the back of the door I shut behind me.
Everyone kept gazing and staring, hoping and believing, that someday, that door would open again and I’ll walk in again with a bigger backpack containing a better journal, a golden pen and a nicer laptop with more confidence and having the head of fear on my palms like a roman soldier.
Well, I’m happy to announce that I am back although I don’t have the head of fear, it’s simply because it slipped into someone else even though I ensured I separated the head from the body. You never know what magnitude of fear, even the fingers of fear are capable of committing into someone.
I’ve been writhing in pains since dropping my backpack for an “illustrious” job of doing nothing. Like a prodigal son, the thought of coming back home to continue from where I left off was always calling my head but like Pharaoh, I kept rejecting the calls and never returned the missed ones. It hurts having ideas die every time I do nothing about them.
So, this is also a swearing-in/inauguration/declaration ceremony where y’all will be the chief justice and I’ll be the newbie dedicating myself to what I love to do and want to do.
                “I, Lord Bernard, Lord of the fibs, do solemnly take this oat (provided it’s Quaker and not Good morning) to provide absolute pleasure through words I write to all and sundry (who bears dah name tho’?)… I’m quite aware that boos and cheers come together with failures and successes respectively. Therefore I’ll aspire as much as I can to be more of the Fashola than the Aliyu to get hearty cheers than word stones from the ever demanding social media darlings all around the world. So help me God!” *sighs*.
I feel so much better now.
Special thanks must go to the following pals who never stopped reminding me that I could be the best if I put my heart to it. Adeniji Elizabeth Feyisayo who blogs here, Tolulope Latunde, Temitope Gbadebo, Lady Spinel Pillz and the rest of them.
Special recognition must also go to the ones who reminded me that I can’t unseat the current Nigerian Queen of blogging Linda Ikeji and a few fellow top bloggers. What they didn’t know is that I’m not looking to unseat anyone, I’m just looking forward to satisfying myself and making use of my leisure time positively. Wishing us all a wonderful month of June.

Catch ya sooner than later.

Lord_Ben™

No comments:

Post a Comment